04 May 2009

The Aleutian Ballad

A friend at work called me this morning about a tour boat that had a cruise ship cancellation so was offering locals a special price, we jumped at the chance and I am glad we did. The boat could have carried about 120+ but only had about a dozen passengers so we had an amazing trip. We saw seals, lots and lots of eagles, rat fish, king crab, tanner crab, snow crab, box crab, and octopus. Here are the pictures.



The crab pot on board
Becca holding a King Crab
Chet Holding a King Crab
Nat holding a King Crab
Nat holding a Box Cab
Nat holding a Tanner Crab (called Opilio Crab on the TV show the Deadliest Catch)

The next group of pictures is of eagles that they feed with herring to get them in close.


video

4 comments:

Administrator Alice said...

WoW! I am so glad I got to see your pictures. Maybe Wix and I can come see you some year soon and get to see something like that. Nat, I loved the mat pictures too. I think it looks like so much fun. Love Ya, Alice

Writer's Block said...

Bloody Hell what is that?! This is not a crab i'm shure, this is Great Cthulhu. And only Him.

Anonymous said...

Chet, are you still playing World of Warcraft? Please send me your email address to kudus437@gmail.com

fishing said...

Really nice and impressive blog! The idea you share is more useful for me. Thanks for sharing!

Ketchikan Alaska Fishing Photos

A Tribute to Rain


Creek Street

Creek Street
Famous Creek Street in Ketchikan Alaska